Authorities believe arson was the root of a Friday night and Monday night fires that caused major smoke and heat damage to the Masonic Lodge...


Authorities believe arson was the root of fires on Dec. 21 and Dec. 24 that caused major smoke and heat damage to the Masonic Lodge in the 200 block on Reid Avenue in downtown Port St. Joe. The Port St. Joe Fire Department received the calls and units from Highland View Volunteer Fire Department and the Beaches Volunteer Fire Department provided backup. The Fire Marshall declared the cause as arson and a reward of up to $2,500 is offered for information leading to the arrest of a suspect(s) in the fire. Call 1-877-662-7766 or email facap.org if you have any information. --- Tim Croft