See the beautiful wildflowers, wildlife and landscapes of St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge through the lens of your camera or phone with expert help from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. ET on Saturday
See the beautiful wildflowers, wildlife and landscapes of St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge through the lens of your camera or phone with expert help from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. ET on Saturday. Hosted by our amazing Refuge Photo Club, the day will include photos tram tours, wagon tours, beginners photo class, phone photography and digi-scoping, and photo stops along Lighthouse Rd with photo tips by members.
Reservations are required for tours and the class. Times are as follows:
1) Wagon Tours behind the gates – 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
2) E-tram tours behind the gates – 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
3) Beginners Photo Class – 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. –Nature’s Classroom
4) Phone Photography at Headquarters Pond observation tower – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
5) Photo Stops and photo tips manned by members – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Bring your own equipment, questions, and a picnic lunch and spend the day enjoying the migrating birds, colorful flowers, shorebirds, eagles and eaglets, wading birds, alligators and more! To reserve your space or for more information, please call St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge at 850-925-6121, www.fws.gov/refuge/st_marks. Events are located along Lighthouse Rd. (Co. Rd. 59) 3 miles south of U.S. Highway 98 at Newport Bridge just east of the St. Marks River in Wakulla County.