1946- Brothers Jack and T.L Tillman open up a “snakatorium” in Wewahitchka. The brothers purchase snakes off of local residents and resell them to scientific laboratories.
1956- The Port St. Joe Police Department receives its first radiotelephone in one of their patrol cars.
1966- The state of Florida purchases an additional 1,740 acres to add to the 671 initially purchased to form the St. Joseph Peninsula State Park.
1982- Gulf County receives 6,000 pounds of free cheese from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
1995- Representatives from an economic group from the German state of Thuringia visit Port St. Joe on a tour of the region to learn about American economic development.