1938- Construction is underway at Kenney’s Mill.
1945- Capt. Dave Maddox writes into The Star from Espiritu Santo, the largest island of the nation of Vanuatu. Maddox was serving in the Navy at the time.
1955- Port St. Joe’s port ranks fifth in the state by handling 1,943,603 tons of cargo in 1953, coming behind only Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, and Port Everglades. Port St. Joe finished 773,778 tons over Panama City.
1965- Planning gets underway for a road to St. Joseph State Park. The land had been designated a park two years earlier.
1972- George Suber retires from the Apalachicola Northern Railroad after 50 years of service. Suber began working for the company in 1918, left the company for a couple years, then returned in 1923 and would work his way up to the railroad superintendent position.