1941- Plane spotting unit for Gulf County is formed by Bryd E. Parker, the chairman of civilian protection for the Gulf County Defense Council. Five stations consisting of 45 men were set up.
1958- B.W. Eells, Sr. dies at 73. Eells moved to Port St. Joe in 1918 to become the chief clerk of the Apalachicola Northern Railroad Company. He would go on to become vice-president and general manager of that company and was greatly responsible for bringing business interests to Port St. Joe and the creation of the paper mill here.
1967- St. Joseph Peninsula opens up for limited use.
1973- Mrs. T.H. Stone passes away. Born Annie Virginia Wynn in Dublin, Georgia in 1886. She married T.H. Stone in 1904 and moved to what was then a wilderness and is now Port St. Joe.
1993- The George Tapper Bridge is dedicated.