• Age 79
• Resided in Port St Joe, Florida
• Faith gave way to sight on the 4th of October, 2017
• She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Kendall (K.E.) Murphy, Father Ormond Rowe, Mother Gertrude Rowe and Brother Rowe.
• She is survived by her two daughters, Janet Smith (Danny) of Panama City, FL, and Cynthia Griffith (Timmy) of Cocoa, FL.
• Grandchildren Jolie Layfield (Michael) of Port St Joe, FL, Mallory Barks (Chris) of Mt Dora FL,, Jena Hogan of Cocoa, FL, Kendall Hogan, Amber Wright (Steve), Jaclyn Lott (Jared) all of Panama City Florida and six wonderful Great Grandchildren.
• Sister Nell Woods of Wildwood, FL and numerous nieces and nephews.
• Ms. Betty was born in 1938 in Tavares, Florida to Ormond and Gertrude Rowe. She spent the majority of her young life in South Florida. In 1955 she fell in love with a young man with a guitar named Kendall Murphy and they were married in her senior year. She graduated from high school in Ft Pierce in 1956. Following Ken’s graduation from the Florida Highway Patrol Academy they moved to Cross City, FL with their new baby Janet. They remained in Cross City for 2 years until her husband was transferred to Port St Joe where they lived for nearly 60 years. During her time here in Port St Joe she took a position as an insurance specialist with Port St Joe Municipal hospital. It wasn’t long before their second daughter Cynthia was born in 1961. She spent the remaining years of her working life as a finance officer, fiscal agent, office administrator, and in other areas of public service. But her greatest role was that of a loving wife, mother and Nana. Ms. Murphy was well known for her beautiful smile and precious loving spirit.
• Funeral services were held on the 8th of October at First Baptist Church of Port St Joe, Florida.
• Internment was performed at Holly Hill Cemetery, Port St Joe, FL.
* In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the First Baptist Church of Port St Joe Children’s Ministry.
* Services are under the direction of Comforter Funeral Home.