We would like to thank everyone who donated at our Rockathon and Tupelo Festival that were held in Port St. Joe and Wewahitchka in the month of May. With the help that you all have graciously given we can help our seniors here at the center and our home bound seniors.
As you can see from the statistics below, your donation do make a big difference in our seniors staying in their home verses being in a nursing facility. It takes a lot of funds to keep seniors in their home but it takes more funds for them to be in a nursing center.
Please continue to donate and help the senior of Gulf County. You can make a donation by calling the center at 229-8466.
Our goal is to help seniors stay in their homes instead of nursing homes.
In 2017, the following senior services were provided:
• 5,464 congregate meals
• 4,290 home-delivered meals
• 3,724.5 hours of homemaker service
• 1,177.75 hours of personal care
• 570.75 hours of respite care for Alzhiemer’s disease clients
• 2,395 trips for clients to the center
• 264.75 hours of companionship service
• 187.25 hours of health support
• 309 hours nutritional education
• Other services include case management, pest control, nutritional screenings, outreach utility assistance, recreation, screening and assessments, home health products and home modifications.
• A 2012 study by MetLife found that the average annual cost for nursing home care is $90,500 per individual.