Election Day for Gulf County School Board is Aug. 28. The following questionnaire is directed to each of the School Board candidates. It is our hope that this questionnaire will enable Gulf County citizens to get to know each candidate and his or her position on specific issues of concern to our community. Responses to these questions will be published for the community’s review in the Aug. 23 edition of The Star.
1) What are your plans to resolve the teacher shortage in Gulf County?
2) For which vocational programs, if any, should Gulf County seek Triumph Gulf Coast funding?
3) Will you establish a policy to enable members of the community to introduce agenda items to the School Board meetings?
4) What efforts will you make to ensure the safety of students and staff?
5) How will you encourage dialogue between the community and the school district?
6) What efforts will you make to ensure the students have access to mental health counseling, guidance counseling, and/or character development programs?
7) What policies will you establish to encourage constructive discussion of current affairs among teachers and students?
8) Do you support or oppose removing corporal punishment as a disciplinary procedure from the Gulf County School District’s Code of Conduct?
9) What efforts will you make to ensure our school district and community show encouragement and appreciation for our educators?
10) Why do you want to serve on the Gulf County School Board?
Please ensure that your responses arrive at The Star by Tuesday, Aug. 14. They may be sent by mail to Tim Croft, The Star,. 149 W. U.S. 98, Port St. Joe, FL 32456 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for offering to be of service to Gulf County.
-Gulf County Democratic Party