Gulf County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Summary

Published: Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

On Tuesday, July 29, Deputy S. Ferrell served a warrant for Violation of Probation by arresting Jared M. Schloerb (40) in the 200 block of Sunshine Road in Overstreet. Schloerb was on probation for Driving While License Suspended/Revoked (DWLS/R). He was transported to the Gulf County Detention Facility (GCDF) where he was later first appeared and released on a $1,053 bond.

On July 29th, Deputy P. Williams responded to the 800 block of Woodward Avenue in Port St. Joe regarding an incident that occurred under the Highland View Bridge. The complainant reported she was battered at a gathering under the bridge. Gulf County Sheriff’s Office (GCSO) Inv. Dickey continues to investigate the case.

On Wednesday, July 30, Sgt. J. Williams conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of U.S. Highway 98 and Westview Drive. It was discovered the passenger of the vehicle, Paul O’Hara, Jr., was wanted by the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office for Violation of Probation – DWLS/R. O’Hara was transported to the GCDF where he posted a $300 bond.

On Thursday, July 31, Deputy G. Desrosier was dispatched to the 900 block of Old Transfer Road in Wewahitchka. The complainant contacted the GCSO to report a criminal mischief. Two of the complainant’s mailboxes were struck by a vehicle sometime during the night.

On July 31, Sgt. J. Murnan was dispatched to the 300 block of East Reid Avenue in Wewahitchka in reference to a complaint of credit card fraud. The complainant reported a credit card was discovered missing and that two unauthorized charges were made on the card. Sgt. Murnan continues to investigate.

On Friday, Aug. 1, GCSO Deputies assisted the Port St. Joe Police Department serve a felony warrant in the 900 block of Garrison Avenue. Mano W. Whitehead was arrested and transported to the GCDF.

On Aug. 1, deputies responded to the 1600 block of Grouper Avenue in Highland View after a 911 call was received. Initial information provided by the caller revealed a subject was driving a fork lift and was “shocked” by electricity after the lift touched the power lines. Once emergency personnel arrived, Richard Dewayne Lancaster (59) was found unresponsive inside the fork lift. He was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital on the Gulf in Port St. Joe where he was later pronounced deceased.

1 2

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top