A Port St. Joe man was accidentally electrocuted while at work last Friday.
Richard Dewayne Lancaster, 59, was found unresponsive inside a forklift at Raffield Fisheries, 1624 Grouper Avenue in Highland View.
Gulf County Sheriff’s Office deputies were notified by dispatchers of an accident following a 9-1-1 call at 8:40 a.m. ET last Friday.
The caller notified a dispatcher that a man was driving a forklift when it became entangled in power lines.
The initial information was that the subject was “shocked” by the electricity and unconscious.
When they arrived emergency personnel found Lancaster in the forklift.
He was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital on the Gulf in Port St. Joe where he was later pronounced dead.
The GCSO continues to investigate the accident. An autopsy will be conducted by the Medical Examiner’s Office of the 14th Judicial Circuit.