Mexico Beach city administrator resigns

Published: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Cathey discussed the possibility of writing a letter to People’s South to ask for an extension in leaving the property. He said that the end of October was more realistic and if the bank declined the request they should counteroffer for the end of July.

He asked members of the council to brainstorm ideas and they could discuss further at next week’s pre-agenda meeting.

Castro encouraged her fellow councilmembers to make an immediate decision on where to move rather than wait a week and lose valuable time.

Hubbard said he would investigate the logistics behind moving into either of the city buildings and the council agreed that it would decide on an extension date and send the letter after deciding which destination would make the most sense.

“If we’re going to move pronto, we don’t want to ask for an extension we don’t need or we’ll be obligated to pay the rent,” said Cathey.

Parker House

An executive session planned for the end of the month to discuss final numbers on the new city hall has been canceled in favor of a public meeting.



1 2 3 4 5
Next

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

COMMENTS
▲ Return to Top