Gulf Coast jobseekers and employers now have an even more enhanced tool at their disposal to assist them in finding suitable jobs, locating training opportunities and identifying skilled candidates. The Gulf Coast Workforce Board, which provides workforce services to Bay, Franklin, and Gulf Counties, recently launched a new Web site bringing numerous enhancements to individuals seeking jobs and employers seeking employees. All of the services continue to be provided at no charge to job seekers and employers. The web site, developed by Kerigan Marketing Associates, is www.workforcecenter.org
Users will notice a different look and feel when they visit the site. Gulf Coast Workforce Board Executive Director Kim Bodine said, “The upgrade focused on better organization of vast amounts of workforce information, coupled with a cleaner and more streamlined experience to assist job seekers and employers in finding what they need quickly.”
The site features a new layout structure, important information highlighted by a revolving image carousel, a prominent navigation bar, portals for Job Seekers and Employers, easy-to-understand content, easy-to-locate contact information for all of the region’s Workforce locations, and interactive features.
Key interactive features for employers include:
· An Online Job Order Form- This feature will allow employers to quickly submit their open positions for posting on the state’s largest job bank, www.employflorida.com. This feature alone can save businesses hundreds to thousands of dollars in help wanted ads each year.
· Integration with Social Media- Employers can sign up for the Workforce Center’s monthly e-newsletter, join Linked In, Twitter or Facebook and become part of the conversation about the local workforce, employment services, and human resources.
· An employer Satisfaction Survey-Employers can give confidential feedback on the performance of our staff and programs in order to help us improve our service.
· The Workforce Center Helped My Company- This feedback form can help our staff identify success stories for use in future publications or videos, which is a great way to showcase your company and how the partnership with the Workforce Center has helped you.
Key features for job seekers include:
· Hot Jobs! The Hot Jobs section of the Workforce Center’s new web site will now be updated daily! These selections of jobs are ones local employers are in a rush to fill.
· Calendar of Events- With the new calendar feature, job seekers will never miss an opportunity to sharpen their skills and enhance their job search with free employment workshops and mini-job fairs held at the Workforce Center.
· Integration with Social Media- Job seekers can sign up for the Workforce Center’s monthly e-newsletter, join Linked In, Twitter or Facebook to receive daily job listings and other helpful labor market information.
· Jobseeker Satisfaction Survey-Jobseekers can give confidential feedback on the performance of workforce staff and programs.
· I Found a Job- This feedback form can help our staff identify success stories for use in future publications or videos, and is another great way the Workforce Center can celebrate your success with you!