Harry Paul Tison, 79, of Port Saint Joe, FL, died suddenly Wednesday morning, Dec. 19, 2012, at home

Harry Paul Tison, 79, of Port Saint Joe, FL, died suddenly Wednesday morning, Dec. 19, 2012, at home.  Harry was born in Bonifay, FL.  He was the son of Edward Hiram Tison and Pearl Meeker Tison.

He is survived by his wife, Ann Ward Tison; two children, Tom Tison, wife Corrine, and their children Jack, age 4 and Claire, 8 months old, of Wilmington, DE; and his daughter Laurie Lee Tison of Lynn Haven, FL. 

He is also survived by his brother, his only remaining sibling, Jack Tison and wife Hazel Wells Tison, of Bonifay, FL.  Harry came from a large and loving pioneer family in Bonifay, Florida.  He is also survived by his sister-in-law Pat Ward Dandridge and many devoted nieces, nephews, aunts, and cousins.  He is also survived by his adult best friend, Jack Bush from Orlando, Florida.

Harry graduated from Holmes County high School in Bonifay in 1951.  He was a member of the Blue Devils, the baseball team, in high school, and also the baseball teams at Chipola, and at Florida State University.  He graduated from F.S.U. in 1959.  While at Florida State he was a member of Sigma Chi and Alpha Kappa Pi fraternities.

Harry was proud to serve in the U. S. Army in Germany from 1954 until 1956.

After and before his graduation from F.S.U. he worked for the St. Joe Paper Company. He made many life-long friends there.  He and Ann were married in 1961 in Port Saint Joe and celebrated their Golden Anniversary on June 24, 2011 with their children at Panama City Beach.

Harry left St. Joe Paper Company to work for International Paper Company in the Personnel Department.  He lived in Mobile for 7 years, and later went to the New York offices of I. P. in 1976.  Returning to the South, he and his family lived in Springhill, Louisiana until the mill closed. 

Wanting to return home, he was named Personnel Director of Berg Pipe Company in Panama City when it started business at the Port.  Later he was chosen Personnel Director for the City of Panama City.  After several strokes he retired from the City at age 60 and moved to Port Saint Joe.  He very much enjoyed watching the Port Saint Joe Sharks play ball and was recognized by his determination and his trusty walker.

Harry joined the Methodist Church when he married his wife and was a loyal and faithful member, attending a Sunday School party the night before his death.  In his earlier days he was always on the Finance Committee and had a wonderful memory for numbers.  His faith in God shaped his life and his relationships with others.

The celebration of Harry's life was a memorial service held on Saturday, December 22, 2012 at the First United Methodist Church in Port Saint Joe.  The family received friends at the church from 1:30 p.m. E.S.T. until service time.

Those desiring to, may make a contribution to the Port Saint Joe High School Athletics Department, 100 Shark Drive, Port Saint Joe, FL 32456, to the First United Methodist Church, or to the charity of your choice.  Harry fought the good fight, never complaining and always appreciating what others did for him.  Well done, good and faithful servant.

Services were provided by Comforter Funeral Home.