Teens: You have rights
In February, the General Federation of Woman's Clubs nationwide focuses its attention to the issue of Teen Dating Violence awareness and education about how to stop it.
If you know four (4) dating teens, chances are one of them is in a relationship with a power hungry bully - an abusive girlfriend or boyfriend.
Teen dating abuse cuts across all economic, ethic and cultural lines.
This year, the GFWC Wewahitchka Woman's Club's Domestic Violence
Awareness Committee is focusing on Teen Dating Rights..
Know a teen? Cut this out and be sure your teen knows them.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT
• To a healthy dating relationship
• To be respected for who and what you are
• To be respected for your thoughts and ideas
• To be in control of yourself in any situation
• To discuss relationship boundaries with your partner
• To let your partner know you are uncomfortable with his/her actions
• To be prepared with friends or parents to get you safely home from anywhere
• To say NO to sex
• To be in control of all of your social media technologies
• To end an uncomfortable and/or dangerous relationship
• To talk to a trusted friend, safe adult &/or guidance personnel to get help
• To move from feeling helpless &/or embarrassed to being helped and secure. Get help!
Salvation Army: 229-2901 or 1-800-252-2597 in an emergency call 911
If you would like to learn more about all the exciting programs and projects we do in support of our community and more, visit our Face book page, GFWC Wewahitchka Woman’s Club and join us at our regular monthly meeting, the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. CT at the Glad Tidings Church Fellowship Hall in Wewahitchka. Our next meeting is 6 p.m. CT Tuesday, March 10. Hope to see you there!